Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Monday, February 15, 2021

John Haynes: Taking Care Of Business Sample Chapter

Here's a sample Chapter of the Upcoming John Haynes: Taking Care Of Business! Enjoy! 


 


Chapter 8

 

 

 

 

I’m about to change the channel on the big screen TV as the end credits of the episode of All About Nikki start playing. Maybe I should take Lilith up on her offer. I could give her some field training while I sampled the fare at the food festival. If she’s used to handling my kind of trouble we should be able to hang out in Brooklyn for a few hours once the maids finish cleaning the penthouse.

I’m rethinking my afternoon plans when I hear the private elevator come up. Looks like the housekeeping team is a little early. Maybe once they’re done I’ll see if Lilith wants to head downtown. When I turn away from the TV to greet Claritza and her team with a smile I’m surprised by a trio of Asian women I haven’t seen before. The three women dressed in black uniforms smile back at me when I inquire what happened to the regular housekeeping staff. “What happened to Claritza?” I ask.

“Claritza and her team took the day off.” The first maid tells me.

That’s not what she told me last night. “Did something come up?”

“Yeah, the supervisor said something came up.” The second woman says.

“I’ll go vacuum your bedroom Mr. Haynes.” A third woman says.

While the third housekeeper rushes down the hall with a vacuum cleaner, the two other women start going through their cart for cleaning supplies. “So where do you want to start?” I ask.

“Counts on where you want your body to be found.” One of the maids says pulling a pair of daggers from behind her uniform. 

As the first woman stalks towards me with her blades the second one grabs a meteor hammer out of her cart and starts twirling it. If I ever needed the backup of a bodyguard it’s right about now…

 

 You can pre-order your copy of John Haynes: Taking Care of Business on Kindle or pick up the paperback today! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment