Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Temptation of John Haynes Chapter 2


John bumping into me was no accident. I wanted to catch the disgusted look on his face when he left his office. His suffering just brings me so much joy.

With the first phase of my plan complete, I leave the busy streets of New York City by fading into a flash of light. Within moments I arrive back at the study of my secret palace buried deep underneath the tundra of the Arctic. I grab the biography of John’s life I had commissioned off the mahogany desk. E’steem should be able to easily read through this material in three months. She’ll be ready to participate in the second phase of the plan by then.

I peer down the hall into the doorway of the library to find my librarian sitting at the reference table in her tattered linen red dress. The tall voluptuous almond colored demoness runs her cloven fingernails through her long silky black hair in frustration. It’s a shame such a beautiful talented woman won’t let go of the past. She still skulks around my palace with a visage featuring canine teeth, yellow snake eyes, and pair of long black horns jutting out of her forehead. If she ever walked around the realms today with such a grotesque appearance, the other human faced demons would laugh her to scorn.

She seems preoccupied with her reading; she’s probably going through the family lineages of the gods again searching for that long lost child to kill in her fruitless quest to join my Elect. It saddens me to see that she still hasn’t learned anything from her humiliating defeat at the hands of the goddess Isis. During her hundred-twenty-five-year stay at my residence she could have pursued more productive political goals. However, she’s allowed her life to deteriorate into a pitiful existence of transcribing old texts, reading that book, eating, sleeping, and watching television. If she were human I would actually enjoy seeing her so pathetic. I wonder if she still has the faculties to match wits with a formidable foe like John Haynes.

*NOTE*

Chapter 3 will be Up Friday
Saturday the blog will be returning to articles
Support this blog by buying a book!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! This post could not be written any better!
    Reaading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward tthis write-up to him.
    Faurly certain he will have a good read. Thanks ffor sharing!

    ReplyDelete