Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Saturday, July 11, 2020

E’steem No Good Deed Comic On Patreon


The E’steem: No Good Deed Comic is now on Patreon!

This adaptation of the E’steem: No Good Deed eBook is 9 pages and written by me, penciled and inked by Bill Walko and lettered by Eric Weathers.  

As everyone knows a long time ago in a ghetto far, far away I wanted to be a comic book writer. And I’m excited to finally see a comic featuring one of my stories come to life!

Bill’s art in this Comic reminds me of Hanna-Barbera Cartoons I grew up watching in the late 70s and early 80s like Scooby Doo, Laff-A-Lympics and the New Tom & Jerry Show. Bill’s art in this E’steem story is just like I imagined it in my head, and it looks so bold and dynamic. It gives the story a FUN vibe that  I think readers of all ages would enjoy.   

I want to thank everyone who donated and supported me over the past few years.  I wouldn’t have been able to get this comic completed without the generous support of Patrons on Patreon, YouTube Superchats on my livestreams, and donors who gave donations on PayPal. I saved all those donations to pay for this comic. 

With the E’steem: No Good Deed comic I wanted to give readers a showcase of what a Shawn James comic would look like. And I’m hoping it leaves a strong enough impression on readers that they’ll support a future crowdfunding project or help me publish a future comic featuring SJS DIRECT characters through donations. I’d love to offer readers an Isis or a John Haynes Graphic novel but the only thing that prevents me from doing that is covering the costs for the art, lettering and the coloring. If I could get a Kickstarter or indiegogo funded I could start offering readers comics in addition to the novels and novelettes I publish today.

The E’steem: No Good Deed Comic is available to current Patrons for free. And you can read it for a donation to the Patreon. Or you can read it in the paperback and digital editions of E’steem: Blast From The Past in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment