Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Sunday, June 14, 2020

E’steem: Blast From the Past Cover By Bill Walko


 

Just got the new cover for E’steem: Blast From The Past from Bill Walko this week and it looks FANTASTIC!

 



For this follow up to 2018’s E’steem: The Sands of Time I draw inspiration for this cover from George Perez’s CLASSIC cover for Marvel Two-In-One #50. Since that comic dealt with time travel and taking on a past self, I felt it fit the story I was telling about E’steem and John Haynes taking on the demon E’steem of the past. 

 

Bill did an AMAZING job on E’steem: Blast From the Past’s cover! I love how he pays homage to legendary comic artist George Perez while telling his own story. I love how he changed the figure compositions to reflect female body language (Men and Women’s bodies move differently) and made the action so dynamic that it looks like it’s moving. I feel like I’m watching a scene from an E’steem animated series!

 

Oh yeah and Rubble. If you’re paying homage to George Perez you gotta have rubble. It was a staple of all those late 1970s Marvel Covers that made the battles on them feel so EPIC. I think George Perez would smile if he saw this one!

 

 

E’steem: Blast From The Past will be available this fall in Paperback and e-reader formats. You’ll definitely want to pick this one up because it’s going to feature the first SJS DIRECT comic an adaptation of E’steem: No Good Deed by Bill Walko! Patreon Patrons will get that strip for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment