Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Isis: The Beauty Myth Cover Refresh

--
One of the best books in the Isis series has a brand new cover!

I got in touch with South African Manga artist Muzi Jay Nkosi and he designed a new cover for Isis: The Beauty Myth. And it’s been getting extremely positive feedback from people all over social media. Muzi did a GREAT job with this cover and gave Isis the beauty of a goddess in this powerful image.

In addition to Muzi’s awesome new cover, I’ve also refreshed the page layouts of the interiors for both the paperback and eBook versions of Isis: The Beauty Myth. Both books have new front matter, headers, and footers in the fonts of more recent Isis series books, and they have back matter listing all of the books of the Isis series that were published after Isis: The Beauty Myth in 2013 so readers can get caught up on the series.





Many people complained about the original cover for Isis: The Beauty Myth. Feminists ranted about it and it even wound up on a lousy book cover website. What people who complained back then didn’t know was I was just starting the SJS DIRECT imprint and I didn’t have much money. So I was drawing and designing the covers myself just to get the books to the marketplace. Over the last seven years I’ve been working to improve the quality of SJS DIRECT books and one of my goals is go back to those older books in the SJS DIRECT catalog and refresh them with new images by professional artists and give them more professional looking interiors. So far Isis: All About The Goddess and Isis: The Beauty Myth have gotten refreshes, and I'm hoping I can refresh all the 2009-2014 books with new covers and interiors.





I wouldn't have been able to pay for this cover refresh without the support of all the patrons and donors out there, so I thank you all for your continuing support.
  
I’m hoping this cover and interior refresh will persuade people to pick up what many call one of the best books in the Isis series. Isis: The Beauty Myth is a story that reveals the beauty secrets of the goddess next door and shows readers what makes her a great Black heroine.

Get your copy of the new edition of Isis: The Beauty Myth on Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats today!

No comments:

Post a Comment