Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Friday, December 27, 2019

Isis: The Main Event Cover by Bill Walko

Just Got the cover for Isis: The Main Event Cover from Bill and I AM FLOORED at this MASTERPIECE!


Bill’s cover EXPLODES with ACTION! It’s so dynamic that it looks like animation from an Isis animated series! I feel like I’m right up there on top of that steel cage!  

I love how bright everything is, it feels like the climatic moment of a main event of a pay-per-view like WWE’s Wrestlemainia, WCW’s Starrcade or AEW's Double Or Nothing. The action featuring Isis, Nemesis and Umbuttra is BIG With Isis in a precarious situation, but it’s the all the little things make this cover POP like the signs and the worried expressions of the commentators in the broadcast booth. It reminds me of the awesome covers of the late 1970s and early 1980s comics I used to buy from the newsstand with so much ACTION on them that I’d just study to find something new in them every time.

I want to thank all the patrons who donate to the Patreon, Paypal and Cashapp for your continuing support, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be able to hire Bill Walko, Mike Williams, and Josh Howard to design the covers for SJS DIRECT books. It’s a blessing to have you continuing to support me and my work and I’m going to keep making every effort to continue giving you my very best.


Isis: The Main Event will be available in April 2020 in Paperback and #KindleUnlimited. You definitely want to get this one because it’s the turning point of the second Isis series story arc and the turning point of the entire Isis series!

No comments:

Post a Comment