Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Sunday, February 3, 2019

An Open Letter to Comic fans, Manga Fans sci-fi and fantasy fans, Blerds and #ComicsGate Supporters

-->

On March 5, I’m launching an indiegogo to raise funds to pay for the first Isis graphic novel. The graphic novel will be a comic book adaptation of Isis: All That Glitters, the latest book in the Isis series.















The Isis series is a series of superhero prose books readers of all ages all over the world have enjoyed since 2012. In the 62-page graphic novel I’m planning to release, the goddess next door takes on a bikini clad bank robber in a story that features a fresh and fun take on the classic superheroes vs. bank robbers story.

I’m looking to raise $25,000 to hire Bill Walko artist of the acclaimed Hero Business webcomic and the Stan Lee Tribute featured in The New York Times to pencil and ink the pages, hire a colorist letterer, and a proofreader, and to pay for printing and shipping the graphic novels to readers. I've already got the cover paid for, now I need your help to get the first SJS DIRECT Comic published!

Readers have given me incredibly positive feedback on the first ten sample pages of the script I featured on my blog and they’re eager to see the Isis graphic novel become a comic. The reason why I’m launching this indiegogo on March 5 is to opening so my fellow members of Comicsgate and comic fans all over the world can make a statement about the kind of superheroine we want to see in comics and the kind of stories we want to see superheroines featured in. The week of March 5 is when Marvel Studios Captain Marvel opens all across the country. I want to take that week to offer readers a product that presents an alternative to the far left narrative Marvel presents in comics featuring heroines like Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, Kamala Kahn Ms. Marvel Squirrel Girl and Unstoppable Wasp and show them a heroine in a story that presents them action and adventure, not identity politics and social justice.

As a supporter of Comicsgate I’m asking for your help in getting the word out regarding the project and to help me get the project funded. If this project could get funded or get as successful as Ethan Van Sciver’s Cyberfrog: Blood Honey and Richard C. Meyer’s Jawbreakers: Lost Souls on March 5, it could make a powerful statement to the world about the kinds of stories comic fans want to see heroines featured in.


No comments:

Post a Comment