Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Monday, March 28, 2016

Isis: Bride of Cover by Bill Walko-PREPARE TO GET YOUR MIND BLOWN!



Bill Walko blew my mind.

How did Bill Walko blow my mind?

The image Bill drew for the Isis: Bride of Dracula cover is literally a translation of the scene I imagined when I was describing it in Chapter 11 when John is confronted by the Vampire goddess. It’s just like the picture was plucked out of my mind and put on a page. It looks like a still from an Isis animated series!


I’d have to say this is one of the best pieces Bill has ever created. There’s a lot to love about this art. It not only brings my characters to life and captures their spirit, but it pays homage to Marvel and DC’s Horror comics like Tomb of Dracula and I, Vampire, and Classic Saturday morning cartoons like Filmation’s Groovy Ghoulies and Drac Pack in the story it tells. All those classic concepts are made fresh and unique for today in this one image.


That gift to make the art style of classic comics and old Saturday Morning cartoons fresh and unique for today is what made me a fan of Bill’s art when I first saw it on DeviantArt back in 2013 and what made me eager to hire him in 2014 to design the cover for Isis: Wrath of the Cybergoddess and again for Isis: Night of the Vampires and E’steem Undercover in 2015. His art style is perfect for my characters.


Isis: Bride of Dracula is supposed to be the conclusion of the John Haynes story arc that started with Isis: Wrath of the Cybergoddess. This story is supposed to be the exclamation point that would get readers excited about the Isis series and May’s upcoming Temptation of John Haynes sequel The Man Who Rules The World. And this cover is an exclamation point in bold print!  


If there was ever a cover that screamed BUY ME to customers, it’s the one. If I saw this art on Amazon, or on the shelf at Barnes & Noble or at a comic shop, I would probably buy it in a heartbeat.


I haven’t been this excited about a cover since my high school days when I used to buy comics before school. And I think my readers will be just as excited when they read Isis: Bride of Dracula.



Isis: Bride of Dracula will be available in paperback & eBook next week and I assure you, readers of the Isis series are in for a TREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment