Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shawn's 500th Blog


500 blogs. Wow.

I’ve come a long way since I started this blog way, way back in 2006.

Five years ago I barely had 15 hits a day. Today I get almost 500 hits a day.

I started this blog seven years ago to promote my paperbacks and discuss issues in the African-American community. In that time it’s gotten so popular I’ve started branching out to other subjects that I’m passionate about.

And the subject I’ve become extremely passionate about are Men’s issues.

Since a lot of brothers don’t read my fiction I decided to go in a new direction to reach them in 2011 with the blog. I began to realize I had a lot of life lessons from my experiences that could help out other brothers out there.

In the past I’ve touched on Men’s issues in blogs like Black Men in Dresses-Entertainment or Emasculation? But I’ve been focus more attention to the topic over the past year.

After reading more about Men’s issues in books like No More Mr. Nice Guy and watching videos from brothers (and some sistas) on YouTube like Dan Freeman, The Advise Show, TMOT, Thugtician, Tariq Nasheed and The Iceman, I began to reflect on my experiences growing up. And after hearing from those men, I realized I learned a lot of valuable lessons that I could pass on to another generation of brothers.

Men’s issues mean a lot to me. As a Real Man, I’m seeing a world that’s changing for the worse as it comes to the state of Men, manhood, and masculinity. Thanks to two generations of boys being raised in female headed households women are defining what it means to be a man.

And that’s leading to a new generation of boys growing up to become emotional, effeminate and dysfunctional.

Boys who will not be able to take care of themselves when they become adults. Boys who won’t grow up to become men who will be the leaders of their communities, but led by a Matriarchy of dysfunctional women that seeks keep them stranded in a state of arrested development where they remain emotional children for the rest of their lives.

I feel Real Men like myself have to start standing up to the Simps, Manginas, Captain-Save-A-Hoes and other Bitch-Made™ males out there who were given leadership roles by White Supremacists and Corporate Oligarchs and redefine what manhood is for the 21st Century. So many boys are so disconnected from Real masculinity that they’re now starting to act and dress like women.

So far Articles like Why Real Men avoid Single Mothers, The Pussy Trap, Manginas at Work and avoiding the Trick Bag at the Workplace have gotten a lot of positive feedback from men all over the world. I’m hoping I can keep building up the momentum. I’m hoping it makes a difference in the lives of men.

Now some may feel that I’m being sexist. Others may believe I’m a misogynist.

I really don’t give a shit.

These subjects need to be spoken on. Too many males (not men) are being silent letting feminists pussy whip them into subjection and letting Manginas in positions of high power shame them into silence. It’s time more of us Real Men started standing up, standing out and fighting back against the forces that are out to destroy men, especially Black Men in society.

Now I’ll still be promoting my books and writing about my other favorite subjects like the state of the comic book industry and the African-American community. But from here on in, I’ll be making more of an effort to write positive blogs that help Men towards improving the quality of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. keep doing what you do and don't let your readers think they can buy you

    they can buy your books but not YOU

    a lot of people who act, or sell art, or have some kind of sales based thing try to minimize their voice so as not to offend but screw that we have to stand up and just be who we are and not be afraid to speak out

    i'm glad u speak on whats important to you instead of hiding it or minimizing it for sales or to be liked

    ReplyDelete