Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

John Haynes Concept Sketches


This Weekend I spent my day drawing model sheets of what John Haynes would look like in Isis: Escape From Transylvania and E’steem the Sands of Time. It was fun seeing how a character’s style changes over time.

The first sketch I did was the Teenage John Haynes who appears in E’steem: The Sands of Time. I dressed up the 14-year-old John in clothes I used to wear in the late 80s, a denim jacket, cargo pants, a mock neck shirt and Reebok Ex-o-Fit sneakers. Something a kid would just throw on and go out the door. 













The John Haynes from Isis: Escape From Transylvania wears a more sophisticated outfit that an older man would wear when he goes casual. He’s got on a navy barn jacket based on a Brooks Brothers one I used to own, jeans and a casual buttondown shirt. John’s fashion style is a bit more refined and polished. And it fits in the dark Gothic aesthetic I’ve planned for him and Civilian Isis on that cover.












Speaking of Civilian Isis, I’ve done a color model for that character. I want her colors to match up with John’s for Escape From Transylvania and fit the dark gothic mood I have planned for that cover.


I’m hoping to get both E’steem: The Sands of Time and Isis: Escape From Transylvania out this year! E’steem: The Sands of Time is in the middle of revisions, and Isis: Escape From Transylvania is edited and uploaded to CreateSpace and Kindle. All I need to do is raise the funds to pay an artist to design the covers. So if you can donate to my Patreon, it’ll help me get these books out for the summer reading season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment