Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Monday, January 22, 2018

E'steem: The Sands of Time Cover Concept Art




Spent this weekend working on more cover concept art for Isis: Escape From Transylvania and E’steem: The Sands of Time. 


 For E’steem: The Sands of Time's cover  I’m working on two concepts. And because I can’t draw action scenes for shit, I decided to break out the John Haynes and E’steem customs I did over a decade ago and take a few pictures.


The first features the 14-year-old Egyptian E’steem and the teenage John Haynes facing off against some burly muscular Egyptian looking men twice their size. Standing back to back behind some pyramids in the Egyptian desert, a 1980s John Haynes dressed in his jean jacket, black mock neck, olive cargo pants and white Reebok Ex-o-Fits has his fists up with a serious look on his face and the Egyptian E’steem in her white dress, plaited hair and gold jewelry is gesturing with lightning crackling from her hands.  It’s a cover with a lot of action and I’m sure it’d get a readers’ attention.





I’m also pondering doing a more romantic cover with John and E’steem standing in front of the pyramids holding each other in a romantic embrace. There’s a bit of romance in this action adventure story, but I’m hesitant to play up that side of it. While I’d love to promote the idea of Black-on-Black Love with this book, the whole idea of two 14-year olds holding each other in a romantic embrace may make some readers uncomfortable, and may be considered offensive to others.


I’d love to see these cover concepts drawn up by a professional artist. However, the only way I can pay to have them drawn up by a pro is with your support. So if you could donate a dollar or more to my Paypal or my Patreon It’d be greatly
appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment