Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Friday, June 15, 2018

WE ARE IN THE LAST DAYS OF THE MARVEL AGE OF COMICS

-->

A couple of days ago Marvel Comics announced plans to relaunch two poor selling series Unstoppable Wasp and Iceman.


The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result. And Marvel’s editorial department is Arkham certified crazy.


It’s official we’re in the last days of Marvel Comics. The only question is how bad will the comics get be in the next few years. Will they get Charlton Comics bad,

















  
















I’ve seen some shit shows over the 39 years I’ve been reading comics. And I have to wonder how bad the final comics in the Marvel Age of comics will be.


For over 20 years I’ve held out hope that Marvel could get its shit together and turn things around. But when I see their new Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski and their Vice President of Content and Character Development Sana Amanat doubling down on a failed diversity campaign and relaunching a pair of poor selling books as part of their false start initiative, I can honestly say Marvel is FUCKED at this point.


It’s a shame to see a storied brand like Marvel fall into ruin, but at this point all I can do is hope that some other publisher like SJS DIRECT, Boom! Dynamite, or Action Lab can build something out of its ashes. Or some indie creator like Richard C. Meyer, Chuck Dixon, or Ethan Van Sciver can create a new hit character that wins over readers.


Why am so indifferent about the impending collapse of Marvel? I went through the five stages of grief mourning the loss of the Classic DC Universe in 2011. But when it comes to Marvel’s impending demise I’m not feeling that pain.


I guess being jerked around and screwed over by Dan Didio and company at DC for the last 8 years has thickened my skin regarding the insanity that goes on in the comic book industry. 


While Didio was just incompetent, Marvel is doubling down on its failed diversity agenda with malice of forethought. And with them putting a middle finger up at comic fans like myself, I’m at the point where I DON’T GIVE A FUCK.


And since I have closure, I’m predicting that the Marvel Age of Comics will probably be over by 2020. With Sana Amanut and SoyBoy Cebulski insisting on publishing and promoting books no one wants and comic shops can’t sell, Disney will be forced to pull the plug on Marvel’s publishing division once the remaining comic shops close and the losses mount up to the point where they become unsustainable for Disney.


At this point I’ve become indifferent to the madness called the comic book industry. And with me numb to the craziness of so-called comic pros, I’m just gonna get myself a big ass bag of popcorn, sit back, and watch the dumpster fire burn. The books that’ll be coming in the next few years are gonna be 32 page TRAIN WRECK!


3 comments:

  1. If you are so indifferent to the possibility of it collapsing stop talking about it. A whiner's voice is hardly welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're so upset about my comic blogs you can stop coming here. I just report on the facts. if you don't like hearing the truth you can just head over to bleeding cool, CBR, and Newsarama and listen to their propaganda. Maybe C.B. Cebulski will give you his secret recipe for tempura shrimp!

      Delete
    2. Well if you don't like mainstream sites, why not try the fringe area like these guys?
      https://www.deviantart.com/devilkais
      https://sergesblog.blogspot.com/
      http://retrorevelations.blogspot.com/
      http://fourcolormedmon.blogspot.com/

      Delete