Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Isis: The Main Event Color Cover Art & Color Umbuttra Model Sheet

-->
Finally got to coloring the Isis: The Main Event Cover Concept. With the colors it really POPS. I want this cover to have BIG action with  an imperiled Isis held over the edge of the cage by the Umbuttra, Hell’s Beast from the Bowels, with Nemesis the Greek goddess of Retribution trying to come to the rescue with a steel chair. I can't wait to see what Bill Walko does with this one! 

I drew inspiration for this one from the 1998 Hell in a Cell where Mankind fought The Undertaker. With this being a battle between goddesses and one of Hell’s most powerful demons, I wanted to present a battle that was EPIC on the level of that match. Anyone who has seen the Taker/Mankind Match knows it set the gold standard for Hell in a Cell Matches and I wanted the fight between Isis, Nemesis and Umbuttra to be as big a spectacle as that one. 


 When I was writing this story a lot of parallels between wrestlers, gods and superheroes. and I wanted to design a cover concept that showed how all three of those worlds were similar.  


Also did Umbuttra’s model sheet. Wanted to give her dreadlocks to contrast her ram  horns. And with her being in the Ninth Level of Hell, she ain’t gonna find a hairdresser.   

I got inspired by TNA and WWE superstar Awesome Kong’s ring attire but I wanted to put a Jack Kirby spin on it. Really wanted her outfit to look like something Kong would wear while capturing the spirit of Jack Kirby's New Gods and Eternals designs.


Isis: The Main Event will be available in 2020. Still in the middle of edits and trying to get the cover done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment