Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Planet of the Nerds #2 Presents a Great story on Black Manhood

Saw a Story in the back of Ahoy Comics Planet of The Nerds  #2 that presented an incredibly positive image of Black Manhood and Black Masculinity.

This one shows a young Black teenager with a father in his life and shows him changing his perception of self and self image. He goes from seeing himself as the sidekick in a White Man's comic book stories to realizing he can be his own man and make his own way in the real world. It's a powerful story.

This story reminds me a lot of myself growing up and the things that motivated me to dedicate myself to writing positive stories about Black people back in 1991 and what motivates me to publish books like the John Haynes series today.









No comments:

Post a Comment