Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Monday, September 2, 2019

John Haynes: The Man With Nothing To Lose Cover "B" By Josh Howard

-->



Josh Howard is one of my favorite comic artists. And I’ve wanted to work with him for years. I always thought my characters would be a perfect fit for his art style. And now that I’ve seen my characters in his style, I’m FLOORED.

This cover is a MASTERPIECE.  Josh did an AMAZING job on it! Josh tells a great story of John and E’steem as a Black power couple ready to stand together to take on the supernatural forces of evil.

Josh’s cover is inspired by a photograph of John Steed and Emma Peel from the Classic 1960s UK series The Avengers. When I saw that image of Steed and Peel standing together represented who were confident and assured they could work together take on any challenge that came their way.

I love how Josh kept spirit of the formal UK Avengers image but gave it American grit and ruggedness. There’s a lot of great nuances he put in the piece, like John’s rolled up shirt sleeve symbolizing his strength and E’steem’s light representing what inspires them both to keep fighting the good fight against Lucifer and his Legion. It’s a great image of Black power and Black love that I believe will inspire readers of the John Haynes series.   

Now that I’ve got Josh’s version of John and E’steem I definitely want an Isis to go along with it soon!

I couldn't have put this AWESOME Cover on John Haynes: The Man With Nothing to
Lose without the support of all you donors! So I thank you all for your continuing support!

John Haynes: The Man With Nothing To Lose will be available in 2020. Josh’s cover is one of TWO covers that’ll be featured on the book, Mike Williams will be designing a CLASSIC cover as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment