Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I've got a best seller - I think

I’ve got a best seller! I’ve got a best seller!

Well, for a couple of days.

I recently found out All About Marilyn was in the top 100 list of best-selling screenplays on amazon.com. Last Saturday it was #38th top seller in the Screenplay category. Is it a best-seller? Could it be a best seller? Hey, I don’t know until the royalty report comes in. I just take the good news as it comes.

I’m just pleased to have a script that competes in paperback sales with scripts by heavyweights such as Quentin Tarentino and Kevin Smith. It speaks volumes about how strong this script is and how far it's grown from it's self-published roots.

Amazon’s listings aren't the New York Times, but I’m proud to know Marilyn is doing better than any title I’ve produced in my short career. I’m hoping I can build on the momentum and get the word out about this story; I feel it’s one of the best books I’ve written.

I’m urging everyone to go out and get themselves a copy of All About Marilyn. It’s a great story and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Shawn! I am so proud of you!
    All of your hard work is coming to fruition.

    Keep up the awesome work!
    Your movie & writing pal,
    Liz Isaacs
    Writing & Marketing Strategist
    Writing Coach
    Author & Screenwriter
    http://lotuswritingcommunications.net
    http://lotuswritingcommunications.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete